Pediatric Dental Hospital Care in Nashville, TN
Some patients require dental treatment in a hospital or surgery center setting. Adams & Seaton Pediatric Dentistry has been serving the dental needs of Nashville children since 1977 and we specialize in dental hospital care. Children will be treated under general anesthesia, which is an anesthetic management technique using intravenous and inhalation agents to render a patient completely unconscious (asleep) for the dental procedure.
During general anesthesia, the anesthesiologist providing the care monitors the patient using state-of-the-art machines. The anesthesia team is present at all times until the patient has recovered and is ready to be discharged.
By providing dental care under general anesthesia, all of the child’s treatment can be completed in one visit. This allows the child to experience minimal discomfort and avoid any traumatic experiences while the treatment is completed.
Who May Benefit From Dental Hospital Care?
- children who are pre-cooperative or pre-communicative
- children who exhibit a high level of anxiety or apprehension
- children who have extensive dental needs
- children who have had traumatic dental experience
- children with developmental disabilities
What Should I Expect After Surgery?
- there may be bleeding from the mouth if teeth have been removed
- your child may have nausea and vomiting may occur
- your child may experience discomfort in the mouth, jaw or neck
- there may be a slight rise in temperature for 24 hours
- your child may sleep for several hours after returning home
After your child’s surgery, there are several things you will need to control and monitor. For information concerning post-operative care, see Post-Op Care in our resources section. For additional questions on pediatric dentistry check our our FAQs page.
Questions About Pediatric Dentistry and Hospital Care?
To learn more about our dental hospital care please contact Adams & Seaton Pediatric Dentistry and we’ll be happy to answer any of your questions or to schedule an appointment.